This Ticket is resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pixfort 1 year, 3 months ago.

Mailchimp Double Optin

Hello,

I’m using mailchimp for the first time with Flatpack. When I did a test, the email automatically becomes subscribed (single optin), instead of sending the confirmation e-mail for double optin. I sent a message to mailchimp and they told me that I had to change something in the form for the confirmation message to send. Here’s what they said in quote:

That said, I’ve taken a look at our internal logging for your API calls and can see that you currently have it set to “status=subscribed”, which is what is causing the single opt-in functionality.

In order to trigger the confirmation email and switch to double opt-in, you’ll need to set your subscriber status to “pending” in your API calls by editing your form code directly on your site. Once you’ve updated the code, you should see the confirmation email being sent after an email address is entered into the form.”

I don’t know where to make the necessary changes. I sent a message on themeforest about 5 days ago and haven’t received a response. I searched the forums and haven’t found an answer to this issue. I hope you can help me. I would greatly appreciate any assistance. I have no clue on how to fix this problem. Thanks so much.

Hello,

By default the mailchimp forms are set to single opt-in (subscriber status), to change this you should edit the file “/pix_mail/new_contact.php) and replace the lines 235 and 241:
    ‘status’ => ‘subscribed’,
    With:
    ‘status’ => ‘pending’,

If you have any other questions we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.